Thursday, December 30, 2010

Snow storm changes meal schedules

Well here in the Northeast we are just recovering from a major blizzard. While I love snow and even blizzards, I know this is a hardship for many. I also decided that this was a good time to write about flexibility in my menu.

While I do keep a menu all the time, and use it every day, I know that there will be days when I just can't make the item on the list. There are many genuine reasons for changing your plans and some are just plain "cause I just don't feel like that today".

This week I changed a few of my days plans because of the storm. I normally bring home pizza on Monday nights after work. The local pizza place has a special on Mondays of a large plain pizza for $6.95 and I can't even start my oven for that, so it has become a standard. Well, my work place was closed and I never got out Monday so no pizza. In its place, we had giant ham sandwiches from the leftover ham on Sunday. I didn't want to make ham 3 days in a row, so we had franks and beans on Tuesday night. I always have franks and beans in the pantry.

Anyhow, all that to tell you that things got pushed around and today is our Short Rib Chili. It is in the slow cooker right now and smells so good!!

****

No comments: