Sunday, June 1, 2008

Rice Cookers

I have been using my rice cooker every day, sometimes a few times a day for the past 2 weeks. I love it. The versatility is amazing and it's so easy to clean and saves energy by not having to heat up my stove.

So, what am I complaining about? How long does any of these recipes I am using take to cook? One never knows ahead of time. Not that they take a long time. They don't. But none of the recipes I have tried have a time mentioned in them. It's a good thing the keep warm cycle is included because until the cooker turns to keep warm you have no idea when to start the salad or set the table.

Today I am making pasta in it. Sauce and all. It sounds wonderful and I am hungry. I have no idea when we will eat though. I guess the longer I use it the more I will remember each recipe and how long it took, but why can't the recipes just give the time. Even a range would help. Thirty-45 minutes is a whole lot easier to plan than an unknown.....

No comments: