Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Today's Bottom of the Jar Cooking - Asian BBQ Sauce

I have posted before about using up the small amounts that are stuck at the bottom of jars. Today I made an Asian inspired BBQ sauce with what was left in the bottom of a chili sauce jar. Chili sauce is a spicy ketchup already, and I thought it would mingle well with Asian flavors.

One of the reasons I started doing this is to stop from washing away the good stuff in order to recycle the containers. No matter how you scrap, it seems there is always some left.

Here is what I did:

Into the jar of chili sauce that already had about 1/8 cup left in it I added:

2 tablespoons honey
1 inch piece of ginger grated
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons minced onion (you can used dried)
1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce (Thai hot sauce) - or to taste. Leave it out if you don't like spicy

Close the jar and shake to combine.
Right now it is on top of chicken that is roasting in the oven. I think it would be great on ribs and fish too.

Enjoy!



No comments: