Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Don't confuse quality with taste

I consider myself a gourmand.  What is that?  Well, to me it's someone who enjoys good food and knows what good food is.  It is someone who appreciates the differences between a well cooked al dente piece of pasta and a limp noodle.  Someone to whom well seasoned means more than a salt shaker. While I know the best, that doesn't mean I don't like junk.

I happen to have a wide open view of things to eat.    I do enjoy a McDonald's hamburger now and then though.   And, I happen to love a can of Chef Boyardee Ravioli now and then.  Yup, the cheap stuff.  I open the can, add a few tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and microwave until steamy.  YUM!  There is something so soothing about that thick almost pasty red sauce and the lump of meat in those pillows of ravioli.  I think it might be one of my favorite secret pleasures.

So what kinds of junk do you crave secretly?  Come on, I know you do...

Is it Twizzlers, or raw cookie dough?  Or maybe frosting from the can??  OK, now you are drooling for something.  Tell me what it is.


No comments: