Sunday, June 5, 2011

Rachael Ray's Fig and Fennel Chicken Review

This recipe was our dinner today. I made it exactly as written with the exception that I used bone in chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. I cooked it on high for four hours and the chicken wasn't quite done yet. I expected that because it was dark meat. It was done perfectly on high after 5 hours.

I love the flavor of the chicken with the herbs, marsala and the flavor added to the chicken by the fennel and figs. However, the fennel in the big hunks like described never got softened enough to eat for me. I love my vegetables crispy and raw, but the large hunks of fennel were hard and difficult to eat. Next time I make it, I will shave the fennel to the same size as the onion so the flavors mix better.






My husband ate the chicken and tasted the fennel and figs, but didn't like them. Luckily there was plenty of chicken for him to eat.

*****

No comments: