Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mixed Drink Creativity - Peach Melba Martini

I am constantly inventing mixed drinks when we are out bar hopping. Sometimes this habit actually earns me to drink free at the bars we go to. One in particular, that makes an infused vodka with different fruits and herbs, gave me a free martini for every recipe that I created and they sold at the bar. Kind of like a barter system I guess....

Some of the drinks I create are sold in local bars and restaurants. I even had a grocery store manager ask if I would be willing to print a booklet of them for him.

One of my most "famous" drinks is called a Peach Melba Martini. If you have ever had a Peach Melba for dessert you will recognize the flavors instantly. Peach Melba is my favorite dessert. I always have it for my birthday. It is made of fresh peaches topped with a few scoops of vanilla ice cream and then a raspberry sauce with fresh raspberries is poured over the ice cream. Of course it is topped with gobs of fresh whipped cream. The fruit being fresh makes the tart/sweet combination perfect for a mixed drink.

Here is the recipe for the martini:

1 1/2 ounces vanilla vodka
1 ounce peach schnapps or peach brandy
1 ounce raspberry pucker
splash of heavy cream

Shake well and serve in chilled champagne glass with frozen raspberries as a garnish. You can also float some lightly whipped heavy cream on top for extra creaminess, but it isn't necessary.

This is a great drink for after dinner.

No comments: