Saturday, January 23, 2010

How can I cook on a strange schedule?

Since I tutor most evenings until 7 or 8, I have had the luxury of cooking dinner in the middle of the day while my husband has been unemployed. This has worked well for us, and it is also much healthier than eating a big meal after 8PM at night. Not to mention, I am exhausted when I get home from tutoring and don't want to start a meal at 7:30 or 8 PM.

So, what shall I do when hubby goes back to work and doesn't get home until 6 or 7? Planning is the key, or we will be resorting to fast food and eating out. Both of which are not healthy and too expensive for our budget. I am starting a collection of slow-cooker meals that cook in 5 hours or so. I don't mean the long cook ones for 8 hours. I would like to put them in the slow cooker at 2 or 3 in the afternoon and have them done when I get home. Also, I have been contemplating on cooking my way through one of Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Cookbooks. I will be blogging about it for sure.

No comments: