Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Diane's Dinner Today - Chicken, Quinoa and Spinach Pilaf

Today I made up a lunch/dinner in my rice cooker that is awesome. It is actually our big meal of the day since I tutor tonight from 4 to 8.

I put 2 teaspoons of olive oil in the rice cooker on brown. Added 2 large leeks sliced and 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast cubed. I sauteed for a short time and then added 1 1/2 rice cooker cups (about 6 ounces each) of quinoa. I stirred to coat the grains with the little oil that was left and then poured 2 1/2 cups of water that had been whisked with red curry paste into the rice cooker. Closed the cooker and set on "mixed rice" and start! When it was at the 2 minute warning and smelling great I added 3 cups of baby spinach and stirred it in to wilt. Closed the rice cooker again and when it beeped that it was done we ate it. It was luscious!

It fed my husband and I well and there is enough for a lunch for me later this week.

***

No comments: