Monday, August 10, 2009

Julie & Julia

I don't do movies. In the last 10 years I have been to the movie theatre about 5 times and at least 3 of them were taking a child to see a new Disney movie. There are many reasons for it, but probably the biggest one is the price. Afterall, if I can own the DVD for around $15 and watch it often and resell it to get some of that $15 back, why in the world would I pay $40 (2 tickets, popcorn and soda) for my husband and I to go to the movies?

Today, I went to the movies alone. I did the first movie of the day so that I wouldn't have to pay more than the matinee price. I just had to see Julie and Julia.

Meryl Streep is the master of accents and I dare anyone to say she doesn't look, walk and act just like the master Julia Child. The cooking scenes are so realistic that I wanted to grab a knife and help. Amy Adams is adorable as the professional writer and amateur cook who blogs about her path of cooking her way through Mastering the Art of French Cooking. The side story is a double love story about two couples who have mastered the art of loving.

Well, it was worth it. It would have been worth the $40 price! I can't wait for it to come out in DVD so that I can buy it and watch it again! There are smiles, laughs and tears in the story and so much wonderful food that I can't wait to try some of the recipes myself, again.

No comments: