Friday, January 27, 2012

Brunch Plans

Although, I plan the family menus, I rarely plan for my breakfasts and lunches.  My normal breakfast is yogurt and fruit or eggs of some sort and I just make sure that there is a supply when I shop.  Well, I guess that means I do plan, but just don't make a specific menu.

We went out for Chinese food for my birthday.  I had Singapore Mai Fun. Long popular in take-out menus, this curried noodle dish was a sure hit.  It is a bit spicy and was loaded with shrimp and chicken and vegetables as well as these very thin rice noodles.  I had never had it before, but I will be sure to order it again.  I enjoyed it very much.


I brought home a container of it in a doggy bag and today, I am going to use it as a base for a frittata for brunch.  I have seen many brunch frittatas using leftover spaghetti, so why not rice noodles.  I will heat up a bit of oil, add a diced onion and chili pepper, then saute the noodles until warmed through.  I will then add a few eggs that I will whisk up with a drop or two of water, to make it airy and light.  I will finish it in the broiler.


Just describing it is making me hungry!  I can't wait to try it.  I will let you know how it turns out.

No comments: