Wednesday, March 23, 2022


 I Love Mexican Food


I think I didn't have my first Taco until I was in college.  I always like spicy foods, but Mexican just wasn't common.  Now a taco is the least common Mexican item I eat.

This week we will be having two different  meals influenced by the chilies and flavors of Mexico.   I am making my own fajita and taco seasoning.  The store bought varieties have so much salt and sugar in them and by the ounce are fairly expensive.  I also invented a nacho pasta dish that we love.   I will share both.  They can be mixed up in larger quantities and stored in shaker jars. 

 

Diane's Fajita Seasoning

1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground paprika
1 teaspoon Truvia  (1 packet) 
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper 

 

Diane's Taco Seasoning

Most taco seasoning mixes contain salt, warming spices (such as paprika, oregano, and chili), onion powder, and garlic powder.

2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½  teaspoon (to taste) kosher salt
1 teaspoon coarsely black pepper
½  teaspoon ground paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon (to taste) crushed red pepper flakes 



 

No comments: