Sunday, March 13, 2022

 

🍽I grew up in a "clean your plate" house. While I understand not wasting food and eating nutrition before dessert, there are also downsides.
 
 
For me personally, I learned to overeat. If I was full, I didn't recognize that until my plate was empty. I also learned to eat things that didn't give me pleasure. 
 
 
In the last 10 months, since my diagnosis of diabetes, I look at food in a totally new way. I count everything I put in my mouth. I limit carbohydrates and especially the empty nutrition carbohydrates. I refuse to put anything in my mouth that I don't like. I am far from a picky eater, but now I am far more discerning of what I prefer. Life is short. Eating bad bread, mushy French fries, or overcooked vegetables is NOT going to happen anymore.
 
 
There is nothing I can't eat, but some that I shouldn't have too much. I do miss some things. I miss potato chips, and ice cream. There are sugar free ice creams that aren't bad. I have found a few "chip" substitutes and discovered that part of my love of potato chips is the crunch factor.
 
 
😋I am a self professed "foodie" and enjoy finding ways to make old recipes into delicacies that we enjoy and are also in keeping with my current diet requirements.

No comments: