Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Leftover Biscuits

We spent Thanksgiving in a cabin in the woods; just my hubby and me. I packed up the food to take with us and we drove most of the day on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day. So, I made our turkey dinner on Friday.

Saturday morning arrived and we had turkey leftover, like most folks do. However, no bread or rolls for sandwiches and no mayo or mustard either. So, I baked some biscuits and made a compound butter with thyme, sage and garlic. I threw in some dried cranberries and put in the microwave on low to melt the butter enough to help soften the cranberries. Opening the biscuits, I used a teaspoon to drizzle the butter mixture onto one side and then places turkey slices cut to fit the biscuit.

I think it may have been the best turkey sandwich I have ever had!

No comments: